HP Agilent 1100 HPLC System with Diode Array Detector
The HP Agilent 1100 HPLC System guarantees the most efficient
mixing and pulse-free solvent delivery for consistently fast and accurate
results. The system’s optimized design using a quaternary pump allows variable
stroke volumes for stable solvent flow. This electronically activated inlet
valve runs synchronous to the pistons to eliminate vapor formation in volatile
solvent, making the HP Agilent 1100 both remarkably easy-to-use and
maintenance-free. It also features a high-speed proportioning valve and a
pre-configured degasser, which allow convenient low-pressure mixing and a large
solvent choice flexibility. The HPLC System’s vacuum degasser ensures reduced
operating costs without the use of helium and optimum instrument performance.
The HP Agilent 1100 Diode Array Detector verifies separation
quality with peak purity, multiple signals, and spectral libraries during your
analytical quantification, offering an extended wavelength range with the
highest sensitivity. The VWD and diode array detectors allow for automated
wavelength verification for performance tracking. The HP Agilent 1100’s
temperature management system ensures optimum baseline stability-even under
rough ambient conditions. This detector features superb illumination using
combined deuterium and tungsten lamps for the highest intensity and lowest
detection limit from 190 to 950 nm, 1024 diodes and 1-nm slit for highest
spectral resolution. The programmable slit helps you explore the spectral
landscape for faster sample characterization, ensuring higher sensitivity or
lower baseline noise as necessary on the 1100. Slit settings can be stored and
reported from 1 – 16 nm with raw data for GLP traceability.
The unit can be operated with a hand-held controller or with the included computer running Chemstation 4.03. The HPLC System features extensive
diagnostics with compatible data analysis software for on-site and remote
This HP Agilent system is in excellent condition and will be fully tested to perform at factory
specifications before being shipped.
Recertified HP Agilent 1100 System
Included with the HP Agilent 1100 HPLC System w/ DAD:
> G1311A Quat Pump (Binary Pump Available)
> G1313A Autosampler
> G1315A DAD Detector
> G1316A Column Compartment
> G1322A Degasser (G1379A Degasser Available)
> Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Data Station with Flatscreen Monitor
> Chemstation version 4.3 software installed
> Lab Advisor software B.02.10
> All Power Cords
> Can/Crossover Cables
> Agilent G1369 Lan Interface Card
> Solvent Tubing
> Full 90 Day Parts and Labor Warranty
Below is a List of Diagnostic Tests Performed On This System
- Filter Test: The test moves the filter into the light path and measures the relative absorbance in the filter position.
- Dark Current Test: The test measures the dark current from the detector optic.
- Holmium Oxide Test: The test measures the Holmium spectrum from the built-in Holmium filter. The spectrum is evaluated for peaks at different wavelengths.
- Lamp Intensity Test: The test verifies functionality of the UV lamp at various wavelengths.
- Wavelength Intensity Test: The test confirms the accuracy of wavelengths measured.
- Baseline Noise Test: The test measures the amount of baseline noise drift identified by the detector.
- Pressure Test: The pressure test is a quick, built-in test designed to demonstrate the pressure tightness (up to 400 bar) of the system.
- Leak Test: The leak test is a built-in troubleshooting designed to demonstrate the leak-tightness of the pump.
- Thermostat Test: Evaluates the cooling and heating performance of the two Peltier elements.
- Injector Steps: Performs each movement of the sampling sequence under manual control. This is useful for confirming autosampler functionality.
- 4 Peak Test (Isocratic Standard): Standard test published by Agilent to confirm complete functionality of the 1100 HPLC System.
HP Agilent 1100 HPLC System with DAD Detector Specifications
1024-element photodiode array
Deuterium and tungsten lamps
190 - 950 nm
Short term noise (ASTM) Single
± 1 × 10-5AU at 254 and 750 nm
2 × 10-3AU/hr at 254 nm
Linear Absorbance range
> 2 AU (upper limit)
± 1 nm
1, 2, 4 , 8, 16 nm
< 1 nm
Standard: 13 µl volume, 10 mm cell
path length and 120 bar (1760 psi)
Semi-Micro: 5 µl volume, 6 mm cell
path length and 120 bar (1760 psi)
High pressure: 1.7 µl volume, 6 mm cell
path length and 400 bar (5880 psi)
500 nano: 0.5 µl volume, 10 mm cell
path length and 50 bar (725 psi)
Control and Data Evaluation
Agilent ChemStation for LC
Recorder/integrator: 100 mV or 1 V,
output range 0.001 – 2 AU, two
Controller-area network (CAN), GPIB,
RS-232C, APG Remote: ready, start,
stop and shut-down signals, LAN
Safety and Maintenance
Extensive diagnostics, error detection
and display (through control module
and ChemStation), leak detection, safe
leak handling, leak output signal for
shutdown of pumping system. Low
voltages in major maintenance areas.
Early maintenance feedback (EMF) for
continuous tracking of instrument
usage in terms of lamp burn time with
user-settable limits and feedback
messages. Electronic records of
maintenance and errors. Verification of
wavelength accuracy with built-in
holmium oxide filter.
All Materials recyclable
Dell Optiplex 7010 Desktop PC
Intel Core i5-3470 Processor 3.2GHz
250GB Internal SSD
Windows 10 Professional, 64bit
HP Agilent 1100 Operators Manual